Monday, October 27, 2008

A Fall Day with Guinevere

A few weeks back, my almost 4 year old granddaughter, Guinevere (Guin), stayed with my husband and I for the weekend. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and we decided to go to the park. Guin was hesitant at first to go done the slides. She seemed a little afraid of heights. But before long she had made a friend, Ella, who helped her go down the slide. However, Guin still didn't want to stand up and walk along the walkway between the slides -- she would crawl on her hands and knees. She was so cute.

Swinging was Guin's favorite. She kept telling me, "Higher, higher, Grammy!!" Apparently heights don't bother her on a swing. She swung with her friend Ella for what seemed like hours. We finally coaxed her off by telling her our next stop would be the pumpkin patch. That worked but she was all tears when she had to leave Ella. Guin told me she loved her and didn't want to leave her. I sure hope we can meet up with Ella again because they became such close friends that afternoon.

Guin enjoyed the pumpkin patch. It is a little farm just up the road from our house. She helped us pick out the perfect pumpkin for our front step and she got a "little spookie" for herself. It was a great day!


I didn't get any stamping done that weekend but it didn't matter. Time spent with my grandchildren is precious and I wouldn't trade it for anything. They grow up too quickly -- every moment with them is special.

No comments: