Saturday, May 15, 2010

April Showers brings May Flowers!

Here are the cards we are making for my May Stamp-a-Stack classes. They all have beautiful flowers on them. May is such a pretty time for flowers. I'm a little late in planting flowers on my patio this year. I hope to get that done this weekend but right now it's raining so I decided to share some cards with flowers!!

One of my customers purchased two of the two-step stamp sets from last month's special and asked if I would like to borrow them and make cards for our class. Of course, what a great idea!!! On this card I used the Greenhouse Garden set. I totally CASEd the card here -- why mess with a good thing. I used a few of the retiring colors as a fond farewell -- I'm going to miss some of them.

Supplies: Greenhouse Garden stamp set; Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Basic Black Stampin' Pads; Whisper White , Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery CS; White Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Oval and Large Oval punches, Paper Piercing Tool and Stampin' Dimensionals.

The next card uses the Flower Fancy two-step stamp set. The inspiration for this card (okay, I just CASEd it) was found here.

Supplies: Flower Fancy and Warmest Regards (retired) stamp sets; Basic Brown and Not Quite Navy Stampin' Pads; Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy CS and Bella Bleu DSP; Eyelet Border punch; Blender Pens, Sponge and Stampin' Dimensionals.

One of my favorite stamp sets in the new Summer Mini Catalog is Elements of Style. There is so much you can do with it. I've highlighted this stamp set at my classes this month with two different looks. The first is a beautiful black & white card using Whisper White cardstock and Stazon ink. (Note: SU Basic Black ink has an almost blue shade to it so for true black I used Stazon.) Check out Alison's blog to see where I got the idea. It is so classy - it would make a great wedding card!

Supplies: Elements of Style stamp set; Stazon Ink; Whisper White, Basic Black CS and Night & Day DSP (retired); Scallop Circle and Extra Large Flower punches; Black Satin Ribbon; Black Vintage Brad and Stampin' Dimensionals.

On my second card I colored in the flowers and used the new Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. Can you see the shimmer??

I sponged the entire card in Chocolate Chip to give it that nice vintage look. I got the idea from Gretchen Barron. She is a very talented stamper and I like to follow her blog. Check it out. I think I may try making her pansies next month!

Here's the entire card. What do you think? Isn't it beautiful?

Supplies: Elements of Style stamp set; Stazon Ink, Mellow Moss, Old Olive and Rose Red Stampin' Pads; Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip and Rose Red CS; Blender Pen; Scallop Circle and various other SU Circle punches, Corner Rounder punch; Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon; Sponges and Stampin' Dimensionals.

That's all for now. It looks like it stopped raining. I'm putting on my rain boots and heading out to the patio for some weeding and planting. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment -- I'd love to hear from you.

Linda

No comments: