Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sneak Peek to Christmas

It's hard to believe the holidays will be upon us soon. I always feel like once Halloween is over November and December just fly by. My annual Holiday Stamp Camp is Saturday, October 23rd from 9:00-12:30 at my church, Godfrey First United Methodist Church. If you are interested in attending, please email me for the registration (you better hurry because the deadline is October 19).

To help you decide if you like to join me on Saturday, October 23rd here is a "sneak peek" at some of the projects. We'll be making 3 Christmas cards -- here is one using the A Cute Christmas stamp set and the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper both from the Holiday Mini Brochure. I cased this card from a very talented fellow demonstrator, Rochelle Edwards -- thanks, Rochelle!!

Take a closer look and see the cute little snowman and the "snowy" glitter. Isn't he the cutest?


Next is a simple but elegant card using one of the ornament stamps from Delightful Decorations. I learned the simple technique of the punched frame at the Gateway Glitter 'n Ink group Happy Holidaze event. It so easy -- just take a 3 inch square of cardstock, center it in the dotted scallop ribbon border punch and punch. Repeat for all four sides making sure you center the cardstock each time. That's it!! The little square corners are created automatically.


It may be hard to see but I used the olive glitter from the fine supernova glitter stack on the ornament. I used heat & stick powder for the adhesive. Maybe this picture will help you see the "sparkle."

I hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek. Check back tomorrow for more!

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda

No comments: