Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stamp-a-Stack

Every third Tuesday of the month 7-9 ladies come to my workshop for a Stamp-a-Stack (SAS). They're a great group of friends that love to make cards, laugh and have a fun time. They get to make 2 cards each of five different designs. I like to use new techniques, new products and glitter!!! They love glitter. Last night was our monthly SAS. This is one of the cards we made (no glitter) using one of my new favorite stamp sets -- Upsy Daisy. The minute I saw it in the new catalog I knew I just had to have it. I used the Green Tea DSP (which is also one of my favorites) and inked the daisies using Baja Breeze and highlighted the tips of the flowers using the Not Quite Navy marker. I think it turned out nice. The design was card sketch challenge SC187 from SCS.


Here is another card. The technique is called embossing resist. I used White Craft ink on Whisper White cardstock and embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I then used daubers with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive inks and "burnished" the color over the embossed flower so it would pop. (Wipe off excess ink on the embossed image by using a tissue.) I used Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Riding Hood Red cardstock, DSP and ribbon. Simple card but it was a hit.

3 comments:

Susan White Kober said...

WOW Linda these are so adorable - I lofve your new site.Very nice

Gwen said...

I love that you're supplying links to the products you use. I also think the you "set" the photographs you take of your work nicely.

Katie S. said...

I always look forward to these monthly get togethers! They are sure to be a hoot every time.