Thursday, August 13, 2009

August Stamp-a-Stack

The theme for this month's Stamp-a-Stack is "3-D" cards using the Big Shot. I'm in love with Stampin' Up!'s Big Shot and their great dies. I just had to share how much fun it is to make cards using Stampin' Up!'s dies. My first card uses the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. I CASEd this card from the July 2009 Stampin' Success magazine. Two of my customers love blue and yellow -- so this card is for them.

Supplies:
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun, Bordering Blue; Whisper White; DSP Good Morning Sunshine and Urban Garden (both retired)
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Beautiful Butterflies Die, Fresh Favorites I Buttons, White Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


This next card uses the new Flower Folds Bigz XL die that I received FREE from Stampin' Up! for signing up my first recruit -- this company is the greatest!! I was inspired by Deneen's card. Don't you just love the colors?

Supplies:
Stamps: None (you can use whatever sentiment you want on the inside)
Paper: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White; DSP Cottage Wall
Ink: None
Accessories: Flower Folds Die, Old Olive 5/8" Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

This final card is CASEd from a tutorial by Beate Johns who is a very talented stamper on Splitcoaststampers. Check out her blog and her July 29, 2009 tutorial for the tri-shutter card. I changed my card just a little because I didn't have some of the tools she used. I was so afraid to try this tri-shutter card but it is so EASY!

Here is the inside of the tri-shutter card.

Supplies:
Stamps: On Your Birthday, Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Sahara Sand (12x12), Soft Suede, Rose Red, Whisper White; DSP Thoroughly Modern
Ink: Soft Suede, Rose Red
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge, Eyelet Border Punch, Coluzzle, Stampin' Dimensionals


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my cards! Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Great idea!!! I love your cards, thanks for sharing.
Deneen