Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Poor Baby!!

My oldest dog, Luke, has had a skin tag/tumor since late summer. It didn't seem to bother him and wasn't very big. It was in a place he really couldn't get at. Well, last Saturday night as I was in my craft room, I noticed he was licking his legs more than usual. He is a "licker" but seemed to be really interested in what he was doing. That's when I noticed that his "tumor" had grown to twice the size and was now bothering him. I won't go into the gory details but off to the animal hospital my husband and I went -- great way to spend a Saturday night together, LOL!.

My baby ended up having surgery that evening and came home the next day. Everything went well with his surgery but I was worried he would have to wear one of those cone-shaped collars to keep him from licking his stitches. Instead, the vet recommended he wear a T-shirt. He looks so cute in it that I had to take his picture. As you can see, he isn't that crazy about it or he's irritated at me for taking his picture. Either way, he sure is a pathetic like boy!!

"Do you have to take my picture??"

"Mom, go way -- leave me alone!!"

Thanks for checking out my little Lukey. He's all better now and back to his old self.

Linda

No comments: