Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I know, it's the day after Valentine's Day. I'm a little late sharing my Valentine creations. I made all these cute little Valentine's for my 8 grandchildren who live near me. (My other 4 live in Wisconsin.) Actually there are only 7 treats because Mylah is only 6 months old and doesn't need candy!

My inspiration came from Diana's blog. I used the Sweetheart stamp set (clear-mount) and the cute heart-shaped treat cups offered as a special promotion for Valentine's Day. The other punches I used was the small heart punch from the Occasions Mini and the round tab punch and corner punch from the IB&C. The treats are a 3x3 note card with a 2 x 2 5/8 inch piece of cardstock that slides between the front of the card and the 2 7/8 inch cardstock that holds treat cup. This way it hold the candy in yet the kids can still get it out.

After making these on Sunday afternoon, I decided to deliver them to my grandchildren. To our surprise the weather changed quickly and we found ourselves in the middle of a winter storm. It was lots of fun and the kids were so happy to see Grammy and Grampy show up all snowy with candy!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones.

Linda

No comments: