Monday, May 16, 2011

April Showers ... Bring May Flowers!

I don't know about all of you but I'm tired of all the rain! Here in the St. Louis area we had the April showers and May showers -- now bring on the sunshine!! I decided we need to see some flowers so this month's theme for my Stamp-a-Stack classes is "April Showers ... Bring May Flowers." Check it out.

This first card uses the new Fabulous Florets stamp set from the Summer Mini.  I wasn't sure about this set and now it's my favorite. Go figure!!  I cased the card here.  Supplies used: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Whisper White CS; Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Early Espresso ink; Old Olive satin ribbon and Stampin' Dimensionals.


This next card uses the same stamp set.  It's very clean and simple and I love the crispness of the white with the bold melon color.  I cased the card here.  Supplies used:  Whisper White and Melon Mambo CS; Old Olive and Melon Mambo ink; Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder; Whisper White organza and Old Olive taffeta ribbon (I placed the two ribbons together with a little Snail adhesive and tied them together -- cute, uh?) and Stampin' Dimensionals.



This next card was a "buddy swap" card I received from one of my favorite demos, Rita Parker.  I always enjoy getting a card from Rita.  She didn't let me down this time ... check out this adorable flower pot card.

Supplies used:  Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy, Peach Parfait and Whisper White CS; Peach Parfait DSP, Not Quite Navy ink; Punches: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer (new in Summer Mini), Scallop Circle, 1/2" Circle, Scallop Oval XL and two smaller Oval punches; Daffodil Delight satin ribbon, Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals.


This card uses my second favorite stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog -- "On the Grow."  It's so cute and fun to color.  I love the little scooter.  I'll have to make a card using the scooter.  I cased this card here.  Supplies used: Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Watercolor Paper CS; Elegant Soiree and Newsprint DSP; Stazon, Baja Breeze, Certain Celery and Basic Gray ink; Scallop Border and Modern Label punches; Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon; Aqua Painters and Stampin' Dimensionals.


Thanks for stopping in and looking at the May flowers!!

Linda

No comments: