Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gracie & Mylah Bug

I've been enjoying my renewed hobby of knitting. I made many Christmas gifts for the family but I wanted to make some special items for my many grandchildren. Of the 12 grandchildren I have -- 8 of them are girls. It's easy to make cute little sweaters, dresses, hats, etc. for the little girls. I found a pattern for a 5-hour sweater. It looked easy so I gave it a try. I wanted to make it for Easter for my youngest granddaugher, Mylah, who is 20 months old. I actually would have got it done in about 6-7 hours but I found a mistake half-way through and I had to rip out a lot of it. That set me back and it actually took me 5 DAYS to finish the sweater!! Here is what my sweet little Mylah bug looked like wearing it:


Isn't she just the cutest little thing -- check out the little piggy tales!


After I was successful making Mylah's 5-hour sweater, I thought I would try a matching one for her big sister Grace who is 4 years old.  Unfortunately, I got busy with plans for our church's Easter Egg hunt and my monthly card classes so Grace's sweater took a little longer to make.  However, I got it done.  Isn't she a little ham!  She wanted to pose on my porch for her picture.   I think both the sweaters turned out adorable and, of course, so are the girls!


Thanks for stopping in. Leave me a comment if you like -- I always like to hear from my followers. Have a great week.

Linda

1 comment:

Mary said...

Linda, these sweaters are adorable and, of course, so are those grandbabies! How lucky are they to have you for their granma!