Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm Back ...

Back in June I decided to take the months of July and August off.  You know ... everyone needs a chance to rest, relax and enjoy the long summer days.  I had visions of getting caught up on my scrap booking ... heck, who am I fooling ... I wanted to just get a few small projects done!  I also had visions of taking long walks with my dog, sitting on my patio reading a good book or working on all the unfinished knitting projects I have started.  Well, don't we all imagine that with some time off from the craziness of life we can accomplish so much.

Okay ... so here is the reality ... I didn't do ANY scrap booking, I started a book but only got about a fourth of it read and only finished two knitting projects and started 3 more (which are now on my unfinished list)!!!

So I'm actually glad to be back to creating cards and my monthly Stamp-a-Stack classes.  I'm also very excited about the new Holiday Mini that just came out today!  I get so excited when I see all the holiday stamp sets and projects.  I can't wait to get my Halloween stamps sets that I just ordered.

Here is one of the cards that my "peeps" will be making this month.  It uses the new Domestic Goddess DSP.  I just love the colors:  Pool Party and Calypso Coral.  I CASEd the card from here.  I paper-pieced the little coffee cups using the Pool Party check paper from Domestic Goddess DSP and Calypso Coral CS. The remainder of the cups I colored with the markers.  It really "pops" off the front of the card!

Supplies used:  Morning Cup Stamp Set; Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral and Whisper White CS; Stazon ink; Domestic Goddess DSP; Pool Party ruffled ribbon; Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Calypso Coral markers; Scalloped Eyelet Border Punch, Crimper.

The next card uses a stamp set that I just got as an reward for my sales during Sale-a-Bration.  It's so much fun to get FREE stamp sets from Stampin' Up.  It's called Inspired by Nature and I've wanted it for some time so, of course, I had to use it right away.  I used markers directly on the stamp to use multiple colors.  I CASEd it here -- it's just clean and simple.


Supplies used: Inspired by Nature and Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess) stamp sets; Old Olive, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White cardstock; Old Olive, Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip markers; Old Olive Satin Ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by.  Check back for other cards that I'll have at my September Stamp-a-Stack classes.

Linda



No comments: