Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas is Coming!


It seems like it's just around the corner.  This year has went to fast.  Since I've had that feeling a lot lately, I decided to get started on making my cards for my big Christmas Stamp-a-Stack.  I design 10 cards and attendees get to make 3 of each design.  It's a fun afternoon and we always get into the Christmas spirit.  This year my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack is November 10 and 11.  I like to hold it two days so my classes can stay small.  There are so many exciting products in the Holiday Catalog that it's hard to know what to use.  I started with the lovely Holiday Frame Embossing Folder.  I knew the minute I saw it I wanted it!!  Has that ever happened to you?

I have to admit that I cased these cards.  That's actually how I start to create for my classes. I see what products or stamp sets I want to use then I go "surfing."  Actually, maybe it's more like stalking, LOL!!  Here is where I found this lovely card.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso ink, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White card stock and Cherry Cobbler seam binding.  So simple but so elegant!



This next card is similar but I used Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White, Gumball Green base and I added a scalloped trim on the sides in Cherry Cobbler.  I just had to try the new scalloped tulle ribbon.  It's so easy to work with.  This card uses the Joyous Celebrations stamp set from the Holiday Catalog (pg. 7) along with the Holiday Frame embossing folder.  I was inspired here for this card.




Here's another card using my Holiday Frame embossing folder, the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and Holiday Ornaments framelits. At  my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack I design 10 different card designs and everyone gets to make 3 of each.  I thought it would be nice on this card that they can decide if they want 2 in Gumball Green and 1 in Cherry Cobbler or any combination of this card.  It's so simple yet is so "christmasy" ... is that a word?  Well, it is in my book, LOL!!  Here is where I found this design.



Same card as above but in Cherry Cobbler ...



Thanks for stopping in and checking out my sneak peek at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack.  If you live in the Alton/Godfrey, IL area, please let me know if you want to come to my classes this weekend ... Saturday and Sunday.

See you soon ...

Linda

No comments: