Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Cold Wintery Sunday

I'm reminded today by the weather that we are still in the middle of winter. Earlier this week the St. Louis area reached a high temperature near 60 degrees. Today, it's cold (I'm not sure it made it to 20 degrees) and it's been snow flurrying all day. It was a great day to stay inside and make homemade soup -- so I made my famous (only to my family) Vegetable Beef Bean Soup. It makes the house smell good all day. I can't wait to sit back with a hot bowl of soup and watch one of my favorite TV shows -- Cold Case.

However, before I do that I want to share with you the cards I made for this months stamp club and my Stamp-a-Stack group. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to not spend so much time preparing for my classes. I now have three regular groups a month and I'm hoping I can create the projects at the beginning of the month and use them for all three groups. It should work because they are all different people and I have not crossovers.

I decided some spring like cards would be in order. The first card I found on Karen's blog who is in the Gateway 'n Glitter group. I just love the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set. I used the retired DSP Maine Blueberry and Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy cardstock.


Here is another card using some more retired DSP (I've got plenty to use up). I cased it from a blog I found here. I just love the Crazy for Cupcakes set and the Summer Picnic DSP. I just never thought of putting them together. The cherries on top of the cupcakes and the cherries on the DSP go so well together -- what do you think? I used Real Red, Whisper White and Bashful Blue cardstock. The hardest part was using the "happy birthday to you" semi-circle stamp to make a circle -- the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig came in handy!


Here is another card I found on Jan Tink's blog using the new Raspberry Tart DSP and the new Sweet Stems stamp set. I needed to make sure I used new stuff to get my customers excited about the new catalog. That doesn't take much because the new catalog is awesome!! This card uses Rose Red, Camero Coral, Whisper White cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: